- Registrar’s Office
- Examinations Administration
- Examinations Development
- Finance and Accounts
- Information and Communications Technology
- Research and Quality Assurance
- Strategy, Reform Coordination and Service Improvement
- General Services
PROF. IFEOMA MERCY ISIUGO-ABANIHE
The Registrar’s office performs the following responsibilities:
- General Administration, coordination and liaison services with the parent ministry and other agencies.
- Examination Policy Matters.
- Auditing of the Boards accounts to ensure probity and accountability.
- Production of vital examination materials.
- Certification/issuance of statement of results to candidates who sat for the Board’s examinations.
- Attending to legal matters concerning the Board and its activities.
- Publicizing the activities of the Board and linking the missing links between the Board and Its numerous publics.
- Resolving complaints from candidates.
- Provision of information data bank on the Board in pictures and other publications for enlightenment and reference purposes.
- Raising order for stock replenishment.
- Receiving of materials into store after proper examination and physical counting to ensure that they conform to the quality and quantity ordered.
- Issuing of materials to users department on the receipt of a properly approved requisition.
- Ensure due process in the procurement of goods and services.
- Superintending strict adherence to all extant regulations and procedure on procurement and contract award.
- Field Office Administration.
Mallam Bello Adamu was born to the family of Late Mallam & Mrs Bello of Eneye Omeiza Compound, Okene in Okene Local government Area, Kogi State on November 22, 1961. He attended L.E.A Primary School Sabon-Gari, Kaduna (1969-1975); Lafiagi Teacher’s College, Ilorin, Kwara State (1975-1981) for his Teachers’ Grade II Certificate; Federal College of Education, Katsina, Katsina State (1982-1985) where he obtained Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE); Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State (1987-1991) for his Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical/Health Education; Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja, Kogi State (1997-2000) for his Higher Diploma in Public Accounting & Auditing; before proceeding to University of Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria (2000-2002) for his Masters in Public Administration (MPA)Degree.
After twenty-five (25) years of meritorious service with Kogi State Universal Basic Education Board, Mallam Bello assumed duty with the Board on 30th May, 2006 as Deputy Director, Administration in the Administration Department before his transfer to the Registrar’s Office as Deputy Director (Special Duties) in 2009.
Mallam Bello is a member of several professional organizations.
- He is a fellow, Institute of Industrialist and Corporate Administrators (FIICA).
- Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administrators of Nigeria (FICA)
- Member, Nigeria Institute of Management (MNI)
The Governing Board at its 44th Regular Meeting approved the appointment of Mallam Bello Adamu as Director. He was subsequently deployed to Head the Department of Administration.
(Bello Adamu – Director)
The Department of Administration is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Serving as an operational arm of the Registrar’s office in day to day general administration, especially as it affects staff matters.
- Management of Secretarial Services for the Governing Board, Management and their standing committees.
- Preparation of Memoranda on policy and staff matters for the Registrar/Chief Executive, Management and other Stakeholders.
- Office allocation and arrangement of accommodation for Guests of the Board, Staff Training, and Update of Staff records, Personnel/Human resource and general policy decision matters.
- Liaising with Government and external bodies on behalf of the Registrar/Chief Executive and Management.
- Procurement of consumables and store items.
- Resident supervision of the on-going Capital Projects.
Any other functions as may be directed by the Registrar/Chief Executive and expedient to the Department of Administration.
DR. OBINNA M. OPARA
Deacon Obinna hails from Nguru, Aboh Mbaise in Imo State. He started his academic voyage at Community Primary School Obibi Nguru in Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State and proceeded to acquire a secondary school education at Community secondary school Amuzi Ahiara.
He obtained a Bachelor of Science in Economics from University of Calabar, a Post Graduate Diploma in Education from the University of Port Harcourt, a Masters degree in Education (Management and Planning), University of Science and Technology Portharcourt. A Masters degree in Public Administration (MPA) from the University of Calabar and a Doctorate degree in Educational Administration from the University of Port Harcourt.
He is a member of some Professional Bodies including Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM) and the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPMN).
EXAMINATIONS ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
(Dr. Obinna Opara – Director)
Examinations administration is a Programme Department of the Board charged with the following responsibilities:
- Planning for effective and hitch-free administration of the Board’s examinations
- Processing of entry documents.
- Implementing management decisions as regards administration of the Board’s examinations.
- Packaging of examination materials for centres
- Conducting National Common Entrance examinations.
- Inspecting prospective examination centres.
- Appointing Supervisors and Custodians.
- Resolving Complaints.
It is expected;
To provide reliable and valid information and device strategy for the effective administration of the Board’s Certificate Examinations.
ALH. JIMOH ADEWOLA KASALI
(NCE; B.Ed; M.Ed; PGDCS; mMAN; mSTAN; TRCN)
Alh. J. A. KASALI is the Acting Head of Examinations Development Department, National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) Benin City.
He was born on 3rd February 1961 at Kisi in Irepo Local Government Area of Oyo State, Nigeria. He accomplished his Education at Irepo Grammar School Igboho (1977) where he received the award as the best behaved student. He is given letter of commendation for his outstanding academic performance at the defunct Oyo State College of Education Ila-Orangun, Osun State (1981/1982) and University of Benin (1987).
Alh. Kasali graduated in 1987 with Bachelor of Education (Science) in Mathematics with Second Class Upper Division from University of Benin, he obtained M.Ed (Measurement and Evaluation) 1993, Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science 2001 from his Alma mater.
His professional career started in 1987 with Federal Ministry of Education where he taught in various Federal Government Unity Schools across the country till 1993 when he joined the services of the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) as a pioneer staff and Senior Examination officer, through his loyalty, effectiveness, hard work, integrity, professional efficiency and commitment to duty, he rose to the position of Deputy Director (Exams Development) in January 2008. He was appointed as the Acting Head of Research and Quality Assurance Department between 2007 and 2011. He attends series of seminars and workshops within and outside the country in the Design and Development of Large Scale Assessment, Research Instrument Design and Administration, Development of Examination Syllabi and Leadership/Management Training programs among others. His hobbies are reading, writing, playing scrabble and Table Tennis.
Alh. J. A. Kasali is a member of Mathematical Association of Nigeria (MAN), and Science Teachers Association of Nigerian (STAN) and Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN). He is happily married with children.
EXAMINATIONS DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
(Alh. Jimoh Adewola Kasali – Director)
Examinations Development Department is charged with the following responsibilities :
Developing test items for NABTEB examinations through:
a. The pooling of resources of internal and external professionals in various trades/subjects and utilizing;
b. the most modern techniques in the construction and development of valid, reliable, practicable, credible and secured test items for NABTEB Examinations.
Providing consultancy services to other needy organizations in areas such as:
a. Aptitude Tests;
b. Vocational Inventory Tests;
c. Industrial Recruitment Aptitude Tests;
d. Industrial establishment feasibility studies;
e. Commercial enterprises recruitment interviews etc.
Providing Technical and Vocational Training Services including Technical facilities, equipment space allocation and planting etc.
MR. NNASIA NDARAKE ASANGA
Mr. Nnasia Ndarake Asanga was born on 15th October, 1968 to the family of Apostle& Deaconess Ndarake Akpan Udo in Edem Urua, Ibiono Ibom Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.
Mr. Asanga who has had refreshing work experienceas part time lecturer in several Universities, audit and account staff inseveral firms of Chartered Accountants joined the services of National Business & Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) on 4th October, 1993 as Budget & Finance Officer II. Through dint of hard work, determination, self-improvement cum motivation and most importantly God’s favour rose to the position of Deputy Director, Finance & Accounts on 1st January, 2012 and on 16th March, 2016, he was elevated to the position of Ag. HOD, Finance & Accounts.
Mr. Asanga has served in at least 30 Governing Board’s and Management’s committees. Notable among the committees are: Review of the Vision and Mission of the Board, Audit, Tax, Fixed Asset Verification, cost control and Reduction, Restructuring, Organogram Implementation, Revenue generation, IPPIS, IPSAS. In addition, he has received many commendations and awards from the Governing Board, Management, External Auditors etc.
Mr. Asanga fondly called Prof. by his colleagues has attended several workshops as paper presenter or participant.
He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in May, 1999 and became a Fellow of Institute Corporate Administration in 2014. Academically, he possessesMaster of Science Degree in Banking & Finance and Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting. He is currently pursuing M.Phil./PHD in Agricultural Finance.
He is a seeker of knowledge who believes that there is no best way of doing a particular thing and that man must always invent or explore better ways of doing things.
He is happily married with lovely and promising children.
He likes among others music, cooking, reading, helping and sharing knowledge.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT
(Mr. Nnasia Ndarake Asanga – Ag. HOD)
The department, in addition to carrying out other financial activities assigned to it by the Board, performs the following duties:
- Receipt of all monies due to the Board and rendering proper accounts of all such monies collected;
- Disbursement of funds to meet the Board’s operational needs;
- Preparing the Board’s Financial Statements;
- Ensuring that accounting and financial records are kept up to date in the manner prescribed in the Financial Act of 1968, the Audit Ordinance of 1956 and the Federal Government Financial Guidelines;
- Building a comprehensive financial and accounting data of the Board’s activities for the relevant users;
- Accounting for Pension Scheme;
- Formulating Budget plans and preparation of Annual Budgets for the Board;
- Liaising with Banks and other financial Institutions on behalf of the Board;
- Supervising and consolidating the Zonal Offices financial activities;
- Control of the Board’s Revenue and Expenditure estimates;
- Payment of Wages and Salaries to the Board’s staff.
BOROKINNI, OLUBUNMI JOSEPH
Mr.Borokinni, Olubunmi Joseph was born at Ijare in Ifedore L.G.A. of Ondo State, Nigeria. He attended St. Peter’s Pry School, Ijare between 1964-69; Anglican Grammar School, Ijare between 1972-78 with Division one, University of Nigeria, Nsukka 1978-82 with a BSc in Computer Science; Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, 1984-86 a Master’s Degree with Distinction in Computer Science.
Prior to joining NABTEB, he was an IT Trainer with Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) 1996 – 99, Financial Institutions Training Centre (FITC) as Senior Manager 1990 – 1996, University of Ilorin as a Computer Analyst I 1986 – 1990
Since he joined National Business & Technical Examinations Board in 1999 as a Deputy Director in the Department of ICT, he has served in several committees as a member or chairman. In 2009 he was appointed Acting Head of Department of ICT. In this capacity, he has brought in professionalism to ICT development by computerizing a number of functions using in-house programmers and introduced efficiency to the workplace. Mr. Borokinni became Director (ICT) on the 1st of January 2011.
In 2006-2008 he served as a Volunteer Expatriate Lecturer in the Department of Computer Science, University of Gondar, Ethiopia.
He has travelled extensively in Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Kenya, Philippines, Kazakhstan and the UK and he has written several papers in ICT and Training in Local and International Journals.
He is a Member of Computer Professional Registration Council of Nigeria and Nigeria Computer Society
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
(Mr. Borokinni Olubunmi Joseph – Director)
ICT Department is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Processing the entries and results of all examinations conducted by NABTEB viz: May/June, NBC/NTC and Nov/Dec NBC/NTC, ANBC/ANTC, Common Entrance, Modular Trade Certificate Examinations, etc.
- Computation of Statistics on all examinations conducted by the Board
- Representing the Board on Information and Communications Technology (ICT) matters.
- Liaising with external Consultants on Information and Communications Technology.
- Ensuring smooth e-Registration
- Managing Internet and Network infrastructure
- Making results of the Examinations available at the appropriate time, locally and on the Internet.
- Attending to complaints and queries arising from the Examinations.
- Providing Routine maintenance of all the computer systems in the Board.
- Managing the NABTEB Corporate Web-site and the On-line Result Checking System.
It is aimed at: Processing Examination data accurately and produce timely and reliable results for NABTEB.
MR. IBIDAPO, ILESANMI OLABODE
Bode is a member of Professional Teachers’ Council and Nigerian Institute of Builders. He also schooled in the University of Benin, Benin City where he obtained Masters of Education (M.Ed) in Measurement and Evaluation. He equally attended the prestigious Interlink College of Technology and Business Studies, South-East London, where he obtained eight (8) professional Certificates amongst which are: Certificate as Internal Quality Assurance Manager in leading Quality Assurance and Assessment Processes/Practice and Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment.
He has had above 30 years of cognate working experience both in the school setting and industry for practical experience and in the office for Corporate Management.
IBI, as he is fondly called by his admirers, is a versatile, mentor, dynamic, pragmatic and visionary leader. No wonder he has been rewarded for his hard work and competency in all his endeavours.
Moreover, NABTEB in her pioneering effort at institutionalization of the National Vocational Qualifications Framework (NVQF) in Nigeria while partnering with other relevant bodies seconded him for training in the United Kingdom (UK). He has attended many seminars/workshops both within and outside Nigeria and has above 30 unpublished works both in local and foreign journals. He has contributed immensely to the popularization of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) at various fora and has served severally in many National committees
In recognition of Mr. ‘Bode Ibidapo’s achievements and contributions, he was selected last year among a number of distinguished personalities all over the world by the London Graduate School and the Commonwealth University (London Centre) for the award of Honorary Doctorate Degree; the investiture which is scheduled later in this year in Dubai in United Arab Emirate.
He is currently the Head of Department of Research and Quality Assurance at National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB), Benin City.
RESEARCH AND QUALITY ASSURANCE DEPARTMENT
(Mr. Ibidapo, Ilesanmi Olabode – Ag. HOD)
Research and Quality Assurance Department is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Research on Low Enrolment in Technical and Vocational Education (TVE) in Nigeria.
- Planning of Capacity Building Workshop for NABTEB Senior Staff and Examination Personnel.
- Research Report on “Trend Analysis of Performance of Candidates at the National Common Entrance Examination using GABNOD as tracer of the performance at the NBC/NTC Examinations”.
- Organization of professional Tri-annual Seminar Series for NABTEB Senior Staff.
- Review of Research Study on the Monitoring of Learning Achievement (MLA) in Technical and Vocational Colleges.
- Research Report on “Analysis of Supervisors’ Performance as a key Determinant to Effective Conduct of NABTEB Examinations”.
- Preparation of Monitoring Plan and Cost Implication for Examinations.
- Monitoring of NBC/NTC and ANTC/ANBC Examinations.
- Analysis of NBC/NTC and ANBC/ANTC Examinations Monitoring Reports.
- Analysis of NBC/NTC and ANBC/ANTC Examinations Supervisors’ Reports.
- Publication of the Board’s Examinations Centres Directory.
- Preparation of Chief Examiners’ Reports.
- Publication of NABTEB TVE Quarterly.
- Reactivation of the Board’s Library.
- Collection and collation of statistical data on all the Board’s examinations.
- Interactive Workshop for Liaison, Regional and Zonal Offices.
JAMES E PAMNI
Knowledge and information are everything to James Pamni, the Director, Strategy, Reform Coordination and Service Improvement Department. Born on November 11, 1959 at Bali, Demsa, in the Upper Benue River Basin in Adamawa State of Nigeria, he recognized early in life that in order to achieve any dream, he needed a good education, experience and growth. Hence he did not take his education for granted, having studied up to and earned the Master of Public Administration which he complemented with the Postgraduate Diploma in Education from the University of Benin, Benin City. This was to build on the solid academic foundation laid from the renowned History Department of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, where he received a Bachelor of Arts in History in 1984. He also obtained professional qualifications and membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria, Nigerian Institute of Management, and the Institute of Corporate Administration.
Identifying and leveraging early on a combination of key executive skills and competences, he started his working career in 1986 with the Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) and rose to the position of Mails Services Manager in 1992 before leaving the organization for another stint with the Agricultural Projects Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (APMEU), a World Bank assisted Project under the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, as Regional Administrative Officer. He joined the services of the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) on 30th June 1998 as an Assistant Director (Administration) and was later promoted to the rank of Deputy Director (Administration) on 1st Jan 2002. Mr. Pamni was subsequently redeployed as Deputy Director (Monitoring Research and Statistic) from 2002-2003 opening the door to the vast field of educational administration (Policy, Management, Research and Measurement and Evaluation). He was later posted to Abuja in 2003 as the Deputy Director and Head of Abuja Office. He returned to the NABTEB Headquarters in 2008 and served as the Deputy Director, Registrar’s Office, and Deputy Director and Head of Human Resource of the Board 2008-2010.
To widen the scope of his experience, exposure, and growth, in 2010, he sought for and got the approval of the Board for secondment to the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Regional Centre for Training in Aerospace Surveys (RECTAS), Obafemi Awolowo University Campus, Ile Ife, , as Director of Admin and Finance (Registrar) from December up to November 2012. He also served on secondment as Registrar at the Nigerian Institute of Mining and Geosciences (NIMG) Jos, from Dec 2012 to February 2014, both institutions offered postgraduate programmes, amongst others.
His return to the Board in 2014 marked a pivotal moment in his career development, when, after serving briefly as the Deputy Director (Examinations Administration) from March – December 2014, he was promoted to the newly created position of Director, (Strategy, Reforms and Service Improvement) at NABTEB Headquarters. The new Department drives strategy, reforms, service improvement and change management throughout NABTEB.
In the course of his professional and career development, James Pamni also served on several Federal Government Panels and other National Committees including, the Committee for the establishment of Vocational Enterprise Institutions and Innovation Enterprise Institution and the Strategic Framework for Vocational and Innovation Enterprise Institutions(2007 and 2008), the Committee on the planning of the converged Examinations Management Technology Platform for all Public Examination Bodies in Nigeria(2008), the National Committee on the Review of the National Policy on Education established by the National Council on Education (2007 and 2008), the National High level Committee on the Review of Basic and Post Basic Education Curricular in 2007, ,the National Committee on Quality Assurance Initiatives at FME 2007. He also served as the Chief Administrative Officer/Assistant Secretary, Presidential Visitation panel to the University of Benin (1999), and the Branch Secretary, Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria, Abuja Chapter 2005-08, amongst many others.
Over these years James Pamni has trodden fields and specializations of management including General Administration, Human Resource Management and Development, Education/Examinations Administration, Management of Higher Education, Strategy and Policy Management, Project Management, Organizational Development and Change Management, amongst others.
STRATEGY, REFORM COORDINATION, AND, SERVICE IMPROVEMENT DEPARTMENT
(Mr. James E Pamni – Director)
The Department of Strategy, Reform Coordination, and Service Improvement was created in 2015 and has the following main Duties:
- Manage the Department to serve as a focal point for driving all change, reform, innovation and improvement efforts within the Board in line with the overall framework set by BPSR, OHCSF and other Central Agencies of Government;
- Work with Leadership of the Board to identify processes, systems and service gap and with BPSR and OHCSF, FME, NCE, NBTE, NERDC and other agencies to develop interventions to eliminate such gaps;
- Coordinate, drive, monitor and report on the Reform Agenda for the Board;
- Troubleshoot service failure and Develop proposals to address them;
- Research and identify good practices that can be adapted/adopted to improve service delivery in the Board;
- Liaise with the Board’s Departments and the OHCSF, FME etc to develop refine, improve and recommend more efficient processes and systems for the Board to achieve its objectives;
- Develop and launch initiatives to drive and maintain a continuous service improvement culture within the Board;
- Develop and deploy change management tools and practices to institute sustainable improvements in the Board;
- Assist the leadership of the Board to articulate and coordinate their change agenda in line with service policies and standards;
- Formulate, coordinate the implementation, and monitor strategic plans for the Board;
- Formulate , implement and monitor marketing plans for the Board;
- Stakeholder Engagements,
- Forging of strategic alliances and general Management of Stakeholders, partners and Regulators;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Registrar/Chief Executive
Alh. Hamisu Mamuda Sayaya
The Director, General Services Department, Alhaji Hamisu Mamuda Sayaya was born on the 30th November, 1958 at Sayaya, Matazu Local Government Council in Katsina State. He holds a B.A. (Edu) Geography of Bayero University Kano and a member of the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria.
The officer started his working career in 1987, with the defunct Kaduna State Ministry of Education, later moved to Katsina State Ministry of Education within the same year. He started as a master Grade II officer and rose to Chief Education Officer on before joining NABTEB in year 2000 as an Assistant Chief Examination Officer. He was posted to Maiduguri as the first Zonal Coordinator in-charge of Borno, Bauchi and Yobe States. After his promotion to Assistant Director in year 2005, he was posted to North West Zonal Office in Kaduna State as the Zonal Coordinator in-charge of Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Jigawa, Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara States.
Alhaji Hamisu, Mamuda Sayaya was promoted as Deputy Director on 1st January 2010. He was posted to Examinations Development Department from September 2014 to March 2015 as Deputy Director (E.D.)
Alhaji Hamisu Mamuda Sayaya is married with children.
Alh. Hamisu Mamudah was born to the family of late Malam and Mrs. Mamuda of Sayaya in Matazu Local Government Area of Katsina State on 30th Nov. 1958. He attended L.E.A. primary school Sayaya (1969-1975) Katsina Teachers College (1975-1980) for his Teachers Grade II Certificate, School of General Studies Bayero University Kano, Kano State (1981-1982) and Faculty of Education Bayero University, Kano (1982-1985) for his Bachelor of Art degree in Education/Geography.
After years of meritorious service with Katsina State Ministry of Education Alh.Hamisu Mamuda Sayaya assumed duty with the Board on 14th August, 2000 as Chief Test Administration Officer.
The Governing Board at its Regular meetings approved the appointment of Alh. Hamisu Mamuda Sayaya as the Director. He was subsequently deployed to Head the Department of General Services
GENERAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
(Alh. Hamisu Mamuda Sayaya – Director)
The Department of General Services is charged with the following responsibilities
- Maintenance Services
- Facility Management
- Plant and Equipment Management
- Office Allocation
- Transport Administration
- Utility Services (Telephone PABX), Electricity Bills etc.
- Physical Planning and Coordination of Activities of Physical Projects
- Fleet Management
- Any other function as may be directed by the Registrar/Chief Executive