- Information and Communication Technology
- Finance and Accounts
- Registrar's Office
- Examinations Administration
- Examinations Developments
- Research and Quality Assurance
(Mallam Adamu Bello - Director)
The Department of Administration is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Serving as an operational arm of the Registrar’s office in day to day general administration, especially as it affects staff matters.
- Management of Secretarial Services for the Governing Board, Management and their standing committees.
- Preparation of Memoranda on policy and staff matters for the Registrar/Chief Executive, Management and other Stakeholders.
- Office allocation and arrangement of accommodation for Guests of the Board, Staff Training, and Update of Staff records, Personnel/Human resource and general policy decision matters.
- Liaising with Government and external bodies on behalf of the Registrar/Chief Executive and Management.
- Procurement of consumables and store items.
- Resident supervision of the on-going Capital Projects.
Any other functions as may be directed by the Registrar/Chief Executive and expedient to the Department of Administration.
BACK TO TOP
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
(Mr.Borokinni Olubunmi Joseph - Director)
ICT Department is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Processing the entries and results of all examinations conducted by NABTEB viz: May/June, NBC/NTC and Nov/Dec NBC/NTC, ANBC/ANTC, Common Entrance, Modular Trade Certificate Examinations, etc.
- Computation of Statistics on all examinations conducted by the Board
- Representing the Board on Information and Communications Technology (ICT) matters.
- Liaising with external Consultants on Information and Communications Technology.
- Ensuring smooth e-Registration
- Managing Internet and Network infrastructure
- Making results of the Examinations available at the appropriate time, locally and on the Internet.
- Attending to complaints and queries arising from the Examinations.
- Providing Routine maintenance of all the computer systems in the Board.
- Managing the NABTEB Corporate Web-site and the On-line Result Checking System.
It is aimed at:
- Processing Examination data accurately and produce timely and reliable results for NABTEB.
BACK TO TOP
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT
(Mr. Felix Nwaiku Okigala - Director)
The department, in addition to carrying out other financial activities assigned to it by the Board, performs the following duties:
- Receipt of all monies due to the Board and rendering proper accounts of all such monies collected;
- Disbursement of funds to meet the Board’s operational needs;
- Preparing the Board’s Financial Statements;
- Ensuring that accounting and financial records are kept up to date in the manner prescribed in the Financial Act of 1968, the Audit Ordinance of 1956 and the Federal Government Financial Guidelines;
- Building a comprehensive financial and accounting data of the Board’s activities for the relevant users;
- Accounting for Pension Scheme;
- Formulating Budget plans and preparation of Annual Budgets for the Board;
- Liaising with Banks and other financial Institutions on behalf of the Board;
- Supervising and consolidating the Zonal Offices financial activities;
- Control of the Board's Revenue and Expenditure estimates;
- Payment of Wages and Salaries to the Board's staff.
BACK TO TOP
The Registrar’s office performs the following responsibilities:
- General Administration, coordination and liaison services with the parent ministry and other agencies.
- Examination Policy Matters.
- Auditing of the Boards accounts to ensure probity and accountability.
- Production of vital examination materials.
- Certification/issuance of statement of results to candidates who sat for the Board’s examinations.
- Attending to legal matters concerning the Board and its activities.
- Publicizing the activities of the Board and linking the missing links between the Board and Its numerous publics.
- Resolving complaints from candidates.
- Provision of information data bank on the Board in pictures and other publications for enlightenment and reference purposes.
- Raising order for stock replenishment.
- Receiving of materials into store after proper examination and physical counting to ensure that they conform to the quality and quantity ordered.
- Issuing of materials to users department on the receipt of a properly approved requisition.
- Ensure due process in the procurement of goods and services.
- Superintending strict adherence to all extant regulations and procedure on procurement and contract award.
- Field Office Administration.
BACK TO TOP
EXAMINATIONS DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
(Mallam Nuruddeen Lawal - Director)
Examinations Development Department is charged with the following responsibilities :
- Developing test items for NABTEB examinations through:
a. Tthe pooling together of resources of internal and external professionals in
various trades/subjects and utilizing;
b. the most modern techniques in the construction and development of valid,
reliable, practicable, credible and secured test items for NABTEB Examinations.
Providing consultancy services to other needy organizations in areas such as:
a. Aptitude Tests;
b. Vocational Inventory Tests;
c. Industrial Recruitment Aptitude Tests;
d. Industrial establishment feasibility studies;
e. Commercial enterprises recruitment interviews etc.
Providing Technical and Vocational Training Services including Technical facilities,
equipment space allocation and planting etc.
BACK TO TOP
EXAMINATIONS ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
(Mallam Kabiru Mohammed Badau - Director)
Examinations administration is a Programme Department of the Board charged with the following responsibilities:
- Planning for effective and hitch-free administration of the Board’s examinations
- Processing of entry documents.
- Implementing management decisions as regards administration of the Board’s examinations.
- Packaging of examination materials for centres
- Conducting the Board's Certificate and National Common Entrance examinations.
- Inspecting prospective examination centres.
- Appointing Supervisors and Custodians.
- Resolving Complaints.
It is expected;
- To provide reliable and valid information and device strategy for the effective administration of the Board’s Certificate Examinations.
BACK TO TOP