Remarkable achievements recorded by Prof. David Awanbor’s nascent administration within the short span of two years, has brought to the fore, the age-old saying that, “One crowded hour of glorious name is worth an age without a name”.
Although the former don of the University of Benin assumed office at time when the nation’s public institutions were groaning under the yoke of stringent economic constraints, he fought through thick and thin to achieve, within two years, what could have taken others a decade to accomplish. As at the 8th of July 2004 when Awanbor’s administration clocked two, the fortunes of the Board have been greatly enhanced with the achievement of the following:
* Introduction of Modular Trades Certificate Examination for sustainable
* Establishment of three additional zonal offices.
* Commissioning of a Regional Office in Lagos.
* Introduction/the launch of NABTEB e-World.
* Enrichment of NABTEB Examination Syllabi
* Sanitization in the conduct of NABTEB Examinations
* Enhancement of the acceptance of NABTEB Certificates in Universities.
* Strengthening of the Board’s zonal offices
* Sensitization of stakeholders for the promotion of Technical and Vocational Education in the country.
* Prompt payment of Salaries and allowances of Staff.
* Sponsorship of Staff to conferences and post graduate Studies
* Priority attention to the welfare of staff.
* Election as Executive Secretary of the Association for Educational Assessment in Africa (AEAA)